|Version 3 (modified by anonyme, 5 years ago) (diff)|
What is AlternC ?
AlternC is a set of mass hosting software managment tools for linux. we only uses free software, and AlternC himself is GPL licensed.
AlternC contains :
- an installation and automatic configuration system of administration tools for system administrators.
- a web control panel for hosting administrators (who may not be the system administrators).
- a web control panel for the services given to hosted end-users.
The following services can be administered through the web control panel :
- Domains and subdomains
- emails, available with pop/imap/smtp and webmail protocol, or aliases.
- web hosting with php and mysql
- mailing list using mailman
- ftp accounts
- file managment through a user-friendly web interface
- website statistics.
AlternC must be easy to install and easy to use.
- System administrators should now how to administrate a linux system; however, they will not have to do many useless tasks since AlternC handle these tasks himself.
- Hosting administrators should not need to have any special knowledge regarding system administration. They have the ability to create / edit / delete hosting accounts.
- End users are hosted on AlternC system.