This release is packed with minor enhancements and bugfixes. It also packages security fixes. Not all targets of the milestone were accomplished but this was released nevertheless because of the security issue.
- move mysql configuration into a valid MySQL configuration file (/etc/alternc/my.cnf). This fixes a serious security issue (#318) where the MySQL root password was passed on the commandline and could therefore be visible to local users (and hosted members that don't have safe_mode controls or can access the process table in some way).
- disable the autocomplete on frontal user/login
- various bugfixes
- new features:
- starting with this release, the old warning signal defaults to "YES" which means that AlternC can be automatically installed without preseeding.
- crude implementation of a permission change interface in the file browser (partial implementation of #267)
- standardisation of the web interface, along with some esthetic changes, by Marc Angles, sponsored by Koumbit (partial implementation of #37)
- styles can now be changed locally in admin/styles/custom.css
- allow arbitrary error strings in error handlers
- copy and archive extraction in the file browser (#1043)
- display at which time the DNS changes will take effect (#231)
- use timestamp for sql backups rather than rotating the files (#1063)
- other simple additions: #1043, #1097